TECHNICAL BULLETIN Starter Installation
1) Ensure that vehicle is equipped with
2) Disconnect negative cable from battery (on negative ground systems).
3) Remove cable and wire connectors from starter. Take care to note location of each wire for proper reconnecting later.
4) Remove mounting bolts which attach starter to engine or transmission.
5) Position the replacement starter for mounting. Research any shimming requirements.
6) Thread each of the mounting bolts into their holes several turns. Once all mounting bolts have been started, torque all bolts evenly to vehicle manufacturer's specifications.
7) Reconnect each wire and cable connection.
8) Reconnect battery negative cable.